Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A new art gadget

I was at our local art supply store and happened on this little gadget.  It is a color matching guide by the Color Wheel Company, called a "Magic Palette".  Because it has a cut-out inside each color swatch, you can isolate the color you are trying to match (I like that).

I used it to match colors in my photographic reference.

And I used it to match the color of a pastel stick.

For oil painters, they have the printed paint color (i.e. Phthalo Blue) on the cards, and then have various mixtures of white and ivory black to that key color on the same card.  Cool!

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

wow! That's real magic cards! :-P great invention :-D:-D:-D i've never knew about them, thank you, Carolyn, for sharing with us!!! waiting for your new masterpieces!