Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2015

"Old Lava Exposed"

"Old Lava Exposed" 11 x 14 pastel on board

This is a painting I did recently at Silver Lake, California.  The lake was very low due to the drought.  One cove of this lake has an old lava flow that is now exposed.  I took many photographs at the many rocky islands emerging out of the cove.  Elsewhere around the lake there are massive granite boulders.  It was my first time visiting this lake and I was enchanted!

This painting was essentially done on location, but I added a little more richer color and definition in areas at home in the studio.

5 comments:

ti-igra said...

Hello, dear Carolyn!
This olace is really enchanted, so beautiful and calm!
Reflections in the smooth surface of clear water!

Wow!

BIG HUGS! Miss you soo much, my friend!
Kisses!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Hi Ira! I think of you so much. I you are fine and able to continue with your art work. I miss our emails and stories of our lives in our different countries. Maybe we can catch up soon I hope. Hugs to you, blessings, Carolyn

Ida M. Glazier said...

Hello Carolyn,
This very nice painting finished really beautifully in the studio. Its very nice work - -best of the day, and should be in the show! Is it?

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Hi Ida, thank you! It will be in my solo show - to be hung Nov. 5 at the North Reno Library off of 80 and Robb Drive.

Manju Raj said...

this is so beautiful