Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

High Sierra Meadow - pastel painting

This afternoon it was in the 90's, so I decided to paint at home in the backyard from photographs I had taken.  I need to keep practising alpine landscapes because that is where we will be and what we will be painting in September in the workshop.

This painting is almost done.  I ran out of light outside.  It was one of those wonderful summer nights where you can sit outside and listen to the sounds of night, in shorts and t-shirt, and feel comfortable.  Fortunately - no bugs and no mosquitos!!!!  Just a lovely night.

This is how I started the painting.  The paper is a light green La Carte.

3 comments:

Euphoria said...

Mhhh, there´s nothing like wild nature, I love how you painted it!
I would like to walk there, it invites me in.

Ida M. Glazier said...

Nice reference photo to work from! How do you like the LaCarte? You will be ready , and you are so lucky. Did I tell you Thaila is doing classes in Minden? She has her work hanging there, also. I have been reading all I can find that McKinnley has written, and also practising--but alas I have a ways to go!!!! Your trees look like trees!! nice work.

ti-igra said...

Hi, Carolyn!
Your pastel looks more alive than the picture! And it is very bright! I really love your picture, mountains away - just wonderful! When I look at them as if I there walking. There's trees and rocky slopes. Incredible!!! :-))))