Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Sometimes Good Things Happen!


We artists who enter juried and non-juried shows have to deal with some rejections and keep on going.  Art, after all, is a subjective thing.  One juror may love your work, and another doesn't select it.  It is all part of the game.  So, this year, after several "denials" into juried shows I entered, the same paintings won awards in another show!

I am honored to share with you that my paintings "Flick of the Tail" and "The Pond" both won awards in the Sierra Pastel Society Spring Membership Show this month!  I was entered in the Signature Category and both one an Award of Excellence ribbon and award money.

This was a wonderful and beautiful show, all beautiful paintings and strong competition!  We have some very talented artists in the Sierra Pastel Society!

3 comments:

ti-igra said...

Woo-hoo! :D
Congratulations, dearest Carolyn!
Yes, art, indefinitly, is a subjective thing! But your pictures won the hearts - this is the best feelings for an author! You look great! and very happy!

And, by the way, this embroidered shirt suits you very well! ;)I am very happy for you, my dear friend! I love your art so much TOO!
BIG HUGS!

Hurray! :D

Ida M. Glazier said...

Wonderful Carolyn!! You have been working at this so hard and this is so deserved---really wonderful--and I am so happy to see this. How exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it and to ask questions. See you in June----

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thank you Ida and Ira!