Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Final Day and Reception for Markleeville Plein Air Event

"Whirlygig" 12 x 9 oil

This morning we artists were supposed to paint the town - and be in the town where the public could see us and talk to us.  I will admit, city and townscapes and anything to do with buildings is a challenge for me....but I want to learn and I guess learning by doing is the answer here.  A couple of days ago I scoped out the town and really loved a little cottage with a cute garden.  There were always cars and trucks parked in front, so I did some sketches of the house one day, and a couple of value sketches another day.  I finally settled on a section of the house and the side yard.  I had to eliminate potted plants and things on the porch - it was just too much for a little painting.

So this morning, I was so tired from commuting ever day for 4 days, that I was running late.  I took a little extra time to print the photos I took of the cottage before I left.  Good thing I did, because today they had that area blocked off because they had tree trimmers cutting down large limbs in front of the cottage!  So, I parked somewhere else in town and set up in the shade (at 10:00 it was already very hot!).

I had some people come by and chat, and I would have liked to have more time to work on this, but at noon I had to pack up and frame this little wet painting and bring it in.  It was hung inside the canopy.

We had a very good turn-out and by 10:00 4 paintings were sold, including my wildflower painting!!!!!


2 comments:

Ida M. Glazier said...

Again I say congrats on your sale, Carolyn!! I am sorry you got so tired during the week, but I did as well. The heat was a huge part of it, but wasn't it fun? I would like to do more of these!

ti-igra said...

Congrats for you, girls!
Carolyn and Ida :)

Paintings looks amazing! Now relax and come back with new forces and inspiration!