Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Williamsburg Colonial House and Garden - watercolor

We've spent two entire days wandering around Colonial Willamsburg.  There is lots to see.  Here is a little 3 x 5 watercolor (thank you Ti-Igra for the little Fabriano watercolor block - as you can see, I've been using it on this trip!) of a beautiful little garden with colonial house. 

Here are a few photos of the costumed actors and historical interpreters, who share historical re-enactments every day.


re-enactment of town talking about excessive taxation by British
making beer
giving tourists a ride
clerk of the House of Burgess
British officials in Williamsburg
British officers
Colonist protesting excessive taxation
discussing spinning and weaving
townswoman with pet chicken

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for taking me on your tour. You know the part I liked best :)

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Hi Sharon! Interestingly, the Colonists did not spin or weave much at first, because everything was brought over from England. When the Colonies grew, and there was more manpower to do these trades, and goods were boycotted from England, spinning and weaving were done here.

Euphoria said...

What a beautiful place, it seems to have a lot of personality. I love that house, it´s very cute!

ti-igra said...

WOW!!!! Carolyn! :-D I am so happy that this little album was useful to you! :-))))))))) Hurray! It is small and may to travel with you! And now I see the beautiful place on his pages! Wonderful colors of the sunny days! What a roof!!! I had never saw such interesting houses in life!
Thank you for these marvellous pictures, Carolyn! :-)))))))) My day Sunday starting with your great mood! Happy!

Uhuhuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
P.S. I'd like to visit this city too! Coool!