Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Telluride Spring" pastel painting

We drove about 3 hours from Moab, Utah, to Telluride, Colorado.  There we were invited into the beautiful home of friends of my husband.  Today they drove us to various lookout points and short hikes.  I must say, the snow capped peaks that surround the little village of Telluride are the most spectacular I've ever seen. 

Before going out to dinner tonight, I practised my "one-hour" painting and did this from the deck off of our guest room - this was the view!  I am giving this painting to them as a thank you for our stay and their wonderful hospitality.

2 comments:

ti-igra said...

Wow! How beautiful! Carolyn! I love this pastel and I think that it is a very wonderful gift for your friends!!! :)))
I love these yellow-greens on the trees and such light-blu on the picks!!!!! And these roads of trees!

Just SUPERB!!!! :) You had such interesting and inspiring trip, my friend! How cool! :)))

Sharon said...

Our friend is in Telluride this week for the music festival- he'd love this. He was with us last week when it was warmer in Telluride than it was here!