Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Granite Cliffs Watercolor


I have a photo that I took from the gondola that climbs the snow-topped mountain at Palm Springs and Palm Desert area. So I thought I would paint it in watercolor. My sketch was to block in the dark, medium and light shapes, and to make sure it worked out. My patience didn't hold out to finish drawing on the watercolor paper. A very nice CD was playing and I just felt like doing wet on dry - just being interpretative and loose. Not much to look at right now.








Yesterday my husband and I drove up to the meadows at the top of Mount Rose Highway. We did a little hike. I took lots of photos - I'll share a few here. We enjoyed the cooler temperature (it has been in the high 90's for a while now). Then we drove along the North Shore of Lake Tahoe and had lunch on the deck of Garwoods, then took in the arts and crafts faire at Kings Beach, (where we bought some mugs from our favorite Potter, Sue Fox). Great day!!! What summer is all about.

No comments: