Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"View From The Top" a plein air pastel painting

Here is the second painting I did while on the paint-out at Hope Valley.  After the first place, we drove up the mountain towards Blue Lakes.  Way up at the top is this great view.  I only spent 45 minutes on this one, so I just used pastel paper (white) .  Today at home I just did more coverage of the paper, using my first layer as a guide.  Although I took photos, I felt I knew what I wanted to do anyway, so I never referred to them.

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

Carolyn! And again, your mountains are beautiful! I think you really love them! The only way you can feel them! And pine - is incredible! They always have such fluffy and very real! Yes! Each tree has its own character. You master draw air - your landscapes are real and they breathe, because there is air present. And in the air there are clouds and mountains :-)
GREAT!