Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh, my goodness! Signature Status!

I just got word that I was granted "Signature Status" for the Sierra Pastel Society!  I am soooo flattered!

Some may be scratching their heads saying "what does that mean?"  Certain art societies have a system like this where if you are a member and have a) placed in a certain number of society shows, or b) your work was submitted to the society and voted ....  In the pastel societies - signature status makes me eligible to be in a pastel show exclusively for the signature members. 

This means - I better get busy in my new studio, because a signature show is coming up and I need to have something to take in a month!!!!!  Yikes!  (Gasp!)  Calm down!  Deep breath, exhale slooooow.  Tune out the tractors in the backyard moving boulders and dirt around....just missing the house.  Ignore the carpenter in the bedroom putting up crown moulding.  Don't answer the phone - it is probably the landscaper asking more questions.  Let the second guy figure out how to fix the pergola that went in wrong and crooked.  Hide from the mason who is putting in the barbecue......

Think art....beautiful scenery.....art....painting....

4 comments:

Euphoria said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
Remember: Art is the answer.

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thanks Kira! Yes, I'll add that to my mantra!

LIZ said...

Congrats! Wish I could see your show!
We will be in Reno 8/31 thru 9/11 so I hope to see you at stitching one day!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Hi Liz, thanks! I'm so sorry I'll miss your visit! We will be on the East Coast then. :(