Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"The Gift" a pastel painting

This painting is not just another poinsetta painting for the holidays.  It is a reminder to me that life is a gift.  We must live life to the fullest, love to the deepest, and not take this time on earth for granted ... because it can be gone in an instant.

This painting is dedicated to a wonderful artist by the name of Reiko.  I did not know her well, but her watercolors were incredibly beautiful and her cheerful personality warmed the hearts of those in her presence, myself included.  She was a giving artist and shared her knowledge with her students.  I only wish I had gotten around to taking one of her classes.  She will be deeply missed  by many in the art community.

2 comments:

ti-igra said...

Hello, Carolyn! :) Your words are tru! I agry with each of them!!! Our life is sooo thin but we make it strong with our behavior.
This flower - is wonderful creation of nature as we are :) And your pastel is full of life!!!! Very beautiful, Carolyn!

You will be happy with these watercolour classes!!!!! :) We are waiting for your news!

Euphoria said...

Qué hermoso homenaje, Carolyn! I can read emotion in your lines.