Search This Blog

Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Across the Ice" pastel painting

"Across the Ice" 11 x 14 pastel

One thing that is nice about pastel is that you can be interrupted, for an hour, a day, a week or more.  No paints to dry out.  No paints to try to mix to match the colors you already have on the canvas.

I started this painting and was interrupted for a while and then we went on a week vacation.  Back home, I picked up where I left on and finished this today.

The cows were a challenge!  I certainly should draw them more, but they were just a novelty for me this time.  Still, I do love pastoral scenes and would like to do more in the future...

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

Carolyn, you finished it! I see changes! :) Mountaines, cows - all better - GREAT DONE!!!!!!!!

I love pastoral scenes too and now want to paint cows from my summer days too! :)

Have a wonderful days, spring is coming!!!!!!!