Search This Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Home Grown - Strawberries in a Stoneware Pitcher






Well, I have a start....doesn't look like much yet. I've never done a stoneware item. The glaze on it has different colors and I'm not quite sure how to do it. But if I don't show you the pitcher, you will never know anyway! I am actually doing this as a still-life, while it is still alive and not eaten. Sitting there smelling those berries made me so hungry! A well-known still-life artist mentioned the RF factor in her article. I didn't know what that meant until later in the article..."rotting fruit factor". So, I took a photo of it so we could eat them tonite!

2 comments:

LIZ said...

I remember the RF factor! Years ago I was trying to paint a basket of apples. I am slow and began to notice that the apples weren't where they had been in relation to the edge of the basket. They were shrinking!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Yes, and my berries changed overnight - looked more shriveled. I added 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of Amaretto, and a little bit of orange zest, let them soak up the stuff for a few hours, then we had them over vanilla icecream! Major yum!