Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

My painting above the fireplace


Well, here it is - my painting matted and framed and hanging above the fireplace in our living room.

My sister from New York just visited us for a few days and noticed!  And I said - yeah, remember last time you were here a poster was in that frame and was lying sideways on the mantel and you wondered why.....

I am my own worst critic, but I am very happy with this painting and enjoy looking at it every day!  Hubby does too!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I wonder why it is that we are always so critical of ourselves? I think we need to lighten up so we can be more open to the beauty in imperfection :).
Stay inspired!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thanks Michelle - and I agree with you!

Euphoria said...

Good choice, I think it looks beautiful there.

Shah said...

Nice painting :)Joined you..

ti-igra said...

It looks so great there, Carolyn!
Like it always been in this plase!
Now this is a fireplace and wonderful place to thinking of nature in the cold times :)

You done this wonderful picture for all :) and I am imagine, how is it nice not only for you!
I love-love these old things: clock, candles... Very cozy and calm house!