Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oil painting - again - after thirty-something years!


I didn't find a pastel plein air workshop this summer that I could attend, so I thought I'd try something else this summer!  I am going to do an OIL PAINTING plein air workshop with Randall Sexton.  It is going to be in Los Gatos, California, at a winery that has a Tuscan style architecture.  We will get served a gourmet lunch by the winery chef each day!!!!  (...and maybe a little wine?...something to relax the artists so they can get in the "zone"?)

The workshop is open to all mediums, so I will bring my pastels.  But I thought - what the heck?  Randy is a fabulous oil painter and I admire his work.  When else will I get the chance to learn from him?  And, I used to LOVE painting in oil.  The only reason I stopped was that I was having babies.

So I ordered some paints and medium, went through my old brushes and my grandmother's brushes I inherited, and put together my old french easel.  Today I practiced mixing colors and I will bring this board with me to remind me how I got certain colors.

This will be FUN!  Added to that, I will be staying at my girlfriend's house and I haven't seen her in several years.

Here is Randy's link if you are interested:
http://www.rcsexton.com/

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

What a great idea, Carolyn!!!!
And, you know, I remembered your story - about oils and trees you told me - on this weekend!!! :) And - so COOL news!!!
Uhuhuuuu!!!
I am so, so happy for you! I have no words! It will be really great time for you! Wow!
I am waiting for your oils and your new stories, Carolyn! :))))
Big HUG!

P.S. Just super amazing artist!!!!