Search This Blog

Friday, April 3, 2009

Addendum to Terri's Workshop



I previously told you that I started one more painting at the end of Terri's workshop. Since the underpainting is so different from the painting, I'm including it here. I just started putting pastel over the top third.








Now, here is the finished painting. This is the first time I took a picture of a painting and it came out quite different than the original, both in flash and in natural light. Oh, well...you get the idea.



This lovely location is Bryce Canyon. In early morning or late afternoon lighting, the "hoodoos" (rocky spires) take on a lovely glow of reds, oranges and golds. I love that word "hoodoo". There are trails you can walk down into and among the hoodoos in the canyon. It is really impressive.

No comments: