Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wish I could take a break in this Gazebo!


This painting is almost done. Usually when something is almost done, I start to hurry. Big mistake! I get sloppy, lose focus, etc. Time to take a break. I don't have this nice gazebo to sit and relax in, so I think I'll go shopping. No, I'm not into shoes. Something practical. Like a puppy pen fence to put outside for a play area for my bunnies while I paint outside (when it get warm again - last night it snowed a little!) When I come back, I'm going to work again on this painting. I'm afraid I'm going to have to clean up the gazebo structures. I'm terrible at freehand drawing when it comes to straight edges. You can't rest your hand on the work to steady your stroke! Pastel all over the hand and smudged work. There is a tool the old masters used - a stick with a leather ball at the end. But I think I'll resort to putting the work down on a table, using a ruler and a pastel pencil! Seems like a good idea to me anyway.

No comments: