Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2009

Pastel Convention in New Mexico



I attended a workshop at the IAPS (International Association of Pastel Societies) convention yesterday, given by Lorenzo Chavez. In the morning he gave a demonstration. His theme was the Southwest landscape. In the afternoon, we all painted and he came around to give us tips. There was a lot of talent in that room! I have included pictures that some of the students did.




I worked from a photo I took on the backside of Zion National Park. It came out pretty good, in spite of the complexity of the subject matter. I got some good tips from Lorenzo and some compliments from some of the folks near me. I am having a great time at this event, and the people are all friendly and easy to talk to.





Lorenzo's Demo:








Student's Work:














No comments: