Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Quiet Lake Tahoe Cove



I finished this painting today. If you follow my blog, you might remember I did this painting last year, too. What made me want to do it again? For one thing, I wanted to do it on a better surface - one that is archival and had more grit. Another reason is that I wanted to tie the foreground with the background more successfully. Also, I wanted to do a better job with the foreground rocks, and simplify it! Take some rocks out! I think I accomplished my goals here. It is really fun (and challenging!) to do a scene where you can both look into the water and see the rocks and sand; and, also have some kind of reflection on the surface. I learned some techniques from Reif Ericksen. You can visit his website at : www.reifart.com. I took classes from him last year. His subject matter is the Sierra Nevadas - granite rock, forests, streams, waterfalls. Just what I love to paint!

No comments: