Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mountain Study


Here is another class painting in Reif Eriksen's pastel class. See reif@reif.com to enjoy his works. I still haven't painted! My husband is thinking maybe he should nag me a little to get me started. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses....but....here's my excuse: I felt like working with fiber! We have had a heatwave (upper 90's and today maybe 100). Here, we don't have to deal with humidity, but that is still pretty hot! Summertime and heat are the perfect time to wash wool fleece and lay it outside to dry, pick out the seeds and grass, and card it into clean, spinnable rolls. The fleece dries so fast in this heat! And carding and picking outside means clean carpets inside. This is kinda no-brainer work which rests the creative right-side of my brain. Go ahead and laugh, but creating does take a lot of thinking and energy! OK, I'll stop while I'm ahead....

No comments: