Search This Blog

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rose Painting in Pastel


I didn't get to paint yesterday or today. I'm trying to get ready to go to my Mom's for a week's stay. As you may remember, she had a stroke a month ago. She is doing really great. I suspect my visit will be very enjoyable, and all I have to do is be her personal "driver". This painting is a few years old. It is a pastel of the same rose study I did in watercolor.
Today I went to our monthly Spinners and Weavers meeting. It was held at my friend Mim's house. We enjoyed spinning and other fiber activities outside on the lawn under the trees. Mim raises shetland sheep. I bought little bags of three colors of fleece. I love spinning her shetland - and the different natural colors are fun to make fair isles knit socks and mittens and hats for gifts.

1 comment:

Tina said...

There is one petal toward the middle of the rose I just wish to pluck and smell it, and rub it against my cheek, as I am prone to do with a beautiful rose. Blessings.