Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Technology! Grrrrr! *!#*%

We are here in beautiful Hawaii.  I've been taking pictures with my trusty old digital camera.  We have a spanking new laptop.  I bought an adapter that accepts about 6 different size camera memory cards.  I thought I was ready to go....not so!  My old camera's memory card is too big for all the slots!!!!!   My husband's mini camera's fits, though.  So I'll borrow his to take pictures of my artwork and post it.  Of course, I have to do the artwork first!!!! 

So what the heck have I been doing all this time, says you?  Well, they lead historical hikes here!  While Stan is playing golf in the mornings, I've been learning about the early Hawaiians.  I've seen their petroglyphs, their ancient fishing ponds, grinding rocks, they way they made huts and outrigger canoes, how they used the seeds and leaves for medicine or cooking or weaving.  Then in the afternoon Stan and I would walk the beach and visit the Honu (Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles), and then lay around like beached whales by the pool.  Oh, yes, and the REAL whales are breaching, blowing and tail flapping right off the coast all day long.

So here are a few pictures from his camera.  Sorry, no artwork today...polynesian paralysis has taken over right now...

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

Wow! What a beautiful place! You have already floated in the Pacific Ocean? :-) Perhaps this is so great swim side by side to the colossal turtle!