Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Progress is a little slow...

This painting is more challenging than I thought!  This is the first time I've ever painted a dog in watercolor.  And now I am at the point of doing the sliding glass windows and I realize I've never learned to do reflections on a window pane.  So, I'm winging it.  Now I'm realizing a compositional problem.  The palm tree is right in the middle of the dog, and the sign (not painted yet) is right in the middle of it.  That's what you get for following your photograph!  For the most part, I'm am satisfied with the progress, but I am definitely learning along the way.  This is turning out to be what I think might be called "illustration".  That's OK, I like to try new things and new looks.  In fact, my husband is rolling his eyes because I want to get a couple of wigs to change my look without cutting my hair!!!! 

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

Hello, Carolyn! :-)
It's so interesting to looking! And to listen how are you working! :-)
You always find something new! And this is so great!

Oh! You will have a new hairstyle! Excellent! :-) hihiiiiihiii :)