Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A thrill and a great honor! Good News!

I am so excited and also humbled at the same time!  My pastel painting "Tawny Gold" was accepted into the Pastel Society of the West Coast's annual Open Juried (and International) Exhibition.  (I think I'm hyperventilating right now - where's the paper bag?). 

Tawny Gold
The show runs from April 24 to June 19 at the Haggin Museum, 1201 N. Pershing Avenue, Stockton, California.  This is the first juried pastel show that one of my works has been accepted into.  Wow.  I've seen a few of their past shows and there is soooo much talent there - I'm amazed mine will be there too!

6 comments:

Mim said...

Cheers to you Carolyn!!!

LIZ said...

Congratulations, Carolyn! That is indeed a great honor--and one that you deserve! Your art is exceptional.

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thanks Mim and Liz!

Sharon said...

I can see why you were accepted. Rabbitbrush is difficult to make look good and you did it look like gold.

ti-igra said...

WOW! :-)))))))) Sooooo great news, my friend!!!!!!!
Carolyn, I am proud for you!
I am HAPPY! Sooo happy for you! :-)
HURRRAAAAAy! Hugs!

Ida M. Glazier said...

This paiting deserves to be at the show, any show! It is really well done and has it all. Good color, value, and interest! Its one of my favorites, and I find it inspireing as well!! You made this brush we live with everyday just beautiful.