Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A watercolor/drawing I'm working on - another scene from Bodie

I now have a part-time job - my daughter is going back to work and her mother-in-law and I are working out a schedule to babysit for her little baby boy (who is about 6 or 7 weeks old now)  I've been sitting all this week for a few hours so she can go to the gym and work out.  So, my progress is a little slow on this drawing/painting.  I need to do more in the foreground - I've only just started on that. 

This is from Bodie, California - you may remember my previous watercolor sketches I posted.  This was a ruin with an open doorway, that when I got down on the ground, it framed a lovely blue wild iris!

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

GREAT :-) Carolyn! Wow! So romantic, so beautiful! Incredibly beautiful as this flower Iris looks at the door!
Like a hero, as the soul of man, that was left to live here forever :) as a hope in Better!
So cool picture, sooo love it!!!!

You are amazing, Carolyn! :-)