Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New sketchbook, new pens


On a visit to Chicago a month ago, we were at the Art Institute, enjoying the art.  In the gift shop there was a sketchbook on sale for $9!!!  It is slick paper, so I thought an ink pen would work nice.  I bought an ink pen from Sakura with a brush tip.  This is what it looks like - very bold and very black.  I used watercolor pencils and a water filled brush to spread it around.  The ink is not affected by the water.

Later, we went to San Francisco, and I tried a fine tip pen by Sakura.  Then I used the watercolor pencils and waterbrush.  This is what it looks like.  I like this pen a lot.  I sketched from our hotel room (what a view!  Coit Tower!  We got lucky with our room!)

Then, the next day it was foggy and cold, and I sketched from the warmth of the car as we looked at the golden gate bridge in the mist.

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

They are superrr cute, Carolyn!!!!! :)))
Oh, you know about travel-brushes for watercolors? (http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/Watercolors-Brush) I bought a couple of them - very useful!!!
;)