Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lots of paint-outs!


Yesterday I went painting with two friends in South Meadows area of Reno.  We had a great view and we plan to come back.  be sure to check renotahoepleinairpainters.blogspot.com  for more details if you would like to attend.  Below is my painting - for once I was really happy how my painting came out!

8 x 10 oil on panel
About a week ago I joined Sierra Pastel Society's spring paint-out.  It was held at a ranch near Auburn, Calif.  For a high desert resident - it was WONDERFUL to see green-green-green!
My friend Kathy's easel
9 x 12 pastel
This painting of mine above needs more work.....

The week prior, I joined the Greater Sacramento and Sierra Chapter of the California Art Club's paint-out in Loomis, Calif. at the Flower Farm.
oil on panel

20 or so artists were all over the property painting

cute fancy chickens lived here

they have an earlier spring than we do....

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

WOW! Thank you, Carolyn, for sharing with us your travels, new WONDERFUL paintings and photo-stories!

I love your oil painting with mountains, looks so strong! I love big shapes and colours!
Also, your violets and softness in pastel :)

Beautiful views, GREEN grass and some trees are in green too. (Behind my window it is a sun, but all in white snow and I miss leaves and spring!)

Inspiration and great time for you and your team in plein-air! ;)