Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sometimes life is crazy and you have to keep plugging on...

While we were away on our trip to Aruba, my adorable little studio bunny, Pixie, passed away.  I didn't want to go in my studio for weeks.  I have been having a hard time getting back into painting for that, and other happenings.... my horse had a serious abscess in his hoof.  He was being treated at the large animal hospital while we were on our trip also.  After we got home, I began the daily routine of re-bandaging his hoof daily for weeks.  Then, my Mom had a very bad fall in her apartment and hit her eye.  She was hospitalized and had surgery to repair a blow-out fracture of the orbital bone that surrounds her eye.  She is now in a nursing home until her eye can focus and not see double vision, then she can go home.  So, I have been visiting her and being a patient advocate for her every day.

So....that is why you are not seeing any new paintings on my blog!  But, things are turning around now, and soon I'll be back plein air painting, working in the studio, and announcing shows.

This is life - everyone has these times.  We just have to do what is necessary at the time, and eventually things settle down and we can get back to our normal routines.

Stay tuned, I have more good things coming up on the calendar!

2 comments:

LIZ said...

Wow Carolyn, what a series of events. So sorry to hear about Pixie, she was such a cutie. Hope Mom is doing well.

ti-igra said...

Hello, Carolyn!
Sometimes not so pleasant events comes together...
Wish your mom get better and better with each day!
Pure Pixie :'(

Carolyn, you are very strong, my BIG HUGS for you to support! You have a big heart!

<3 your friend, Ira