Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

"Aspens in Snow" 10 x 8 oil
Happy New Year everyone!  We have been enjoying sunny, calm and relatively warmer weather!  But the snow still lingers!  This was painted a few weeks ago up at a small ski training area when closed for business.  Three artist friends and I went up there to paint and then had a friendly little critique afterwards over a warm lunch at a painter's home.  What a great day!

New Years is a time when I sit down and start making plans and goals for the new year in my art business.  I just finished 3 pastel paintings that I plan to enter in a pastel show.  I'll be showing them to you later.

Next I will be painting 3 more new paintings in the studio for another pastel show. Meanwhile, I will be painting every week on location somewhere in oil paints with the Reno Tahoe Plein Air Painters.  It is a lot of fun to paint with others and to paint outside.  When I'm not painting with them, I'll be painting in the studio - and that is nice too - painting to my favorite music....

No comments: