Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

I am in a 2-Artist Show in Virginia City, NV!

My plein air oil paintings on the old rock wall

Thanks to my friend and painting buddy, Monika Johnson, I was invited to do a two-person art show with her at a charming new restaurant in Virginia City for the months of January, February and March of this year!
Monika and her beautiful plein air landscapes done with palette knife

The name of the restaurant is "Core at the Cider Factory".  It is located in an historic old building where the apple cider factory was.  It is one block up the hill from Main Street at the north end of town - at 420 South B Street, Virginia City, NV.  Here is a link to reviews of their restaurant.  They are open every evening from 5pm to 9pm except (Tuesdays and Wednesdays).  This restaurant was ranked #1 out of 22 in Virginia City.  I was so impressed with the ambiance and the menu that I will be heading up there for dinner with my husband real soon.  

The restaurant will be hosting an Artists' Reception for us on February 22, 2014 at 5:00pm to 7:00pm.  My husband and I plan on staying for dinner afterwards.  For folks driving up from Carson City, Reno, or Incline, you might want to consider booking a night at the Country Inn B&B next door.  It looks very charming in Victorian decor on their website.  

Hope to see you there!
Entrance to Core Restaurant
Core Restaurant
The Country Inn next door to the right

No comments: