Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2015

"Floating in Bliss"

"Floating in Bliss" 12 x 16 oil painting

This painting was done on location at Bliss State Park.  The boat was anchored offshore and the people were lounging on the boat, enjoying the summer sun and the gorgeous day.  Occasionally a few people would row a little raft to shore at the beach and then wandered up the trail where they saw Emma and I painting their boat.  I wasn't done with the boat, but they contacted Emma later and she sold her painting to them!  I only just finished this painting today.  The jewel-like aquamarine and turquoise colored water that I had laid down on the painting beckoned me to come back to do the finishing touches.

One of my most wonderful memories was floating on a boat on Lake Tahoe years ago.  I call that bliss.

No comments: