Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2015

With a little help from my friends...

"Frog Pond"  9 x 12 oil

I recently came home from a family trip and had to unpack the truck that was filled with food, ice chests, inflatable boat, beach chairs and what-not....and then I had to pack for the next morning paint-out with Reno Tahoe Plein Air Painters.  I stayed up late, recharging my camera and picking out a panel size and panel carrier for it....and loaded the car trunk with the tripod, pochade, umbrella, and packed a lunch to take.....

The next morning when I got there, I opened the trunk....and OMG....I forgot my totebag with oil paints, brushes, turp, paper towels and all the stuff I need to do a painting!

I was totally discombobulated and thought the day was a total bust...and here it was a gorgeous day and I was so looking forward to painting there...

Three other painters arrived and one offered me paint and one of his brushes (he recently pared down his load to only 5 brushes!).  So, I set up next to him so I could rinse out my one brush in his turpentine....and I loaned him my umbrella to shade his work.

Well, I was delighted with how my little painting came out in this circumstance!  Hurray for friends!

No comments: