Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Snippets of Time to Paint


I don't usually paint this way - from one side of the paper to the other - but that is what it is turning out to be. I just got back from an over-night at our house in Truckee. I was there such a short time I left my painting in progress at home on the kitchen table. So, before dinner and later before dessert, I did a little more....
We've had wonderful thunder and lightning storms in both Truckee and Reno. Last night around 11pm I was awakened by the clap and rolling thunder and bright lightning lighting up our room. I couldn't see bolts - just flash through the tall forest. Then the pitter patter of rain. It went on for about 30 minutes.
Tonight, just as we were sitting down to dinner (in my outdoor studio canopy!) outside in my garden, we had a thunder cloud over us and some rolls of thunder, little pitter patters...then a downpour! The canopy is not water repellent! So we dashed inside with plates in hand.

No comments: