Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Artist Interrupted....

Yesterday my daughter had her baby - a beautiful baby boy.  So, I am an artist who is happily interrupted!  So, it is time for show 'n tell from "days gone by" art.  I started this as a watercolor on watercolor paper and was displeased.  So I tried pastel pencil over it and had a lot of fun with the detail aspect.  This is a large Proteus flower - a tropical flower grown in Hawaii.  They fascinate me because the center is furry-like.  I always have to touch them! 

I found my reference photo, which I took on a trip to Hawaii, so it is original.  I have never shown this before because I considered it a practise piece for many years.  Now that I am doing pastel over watercolor on purpose, I am changing my view of this painting!

2 comments:

ti-igra said...

Hurraaaay! Carolyn! I am so happy for you!!! My greetings and smiles and flowers! :-)

And - your picture is gorgeous! :-))) So beautiful!!! :-)
Hurray! Life is a miracle! Dance, dance! :-)

Sharon said...

Oh Carolyn, I am SO excited for you. I love all my grandkids with all my heart, but granddaughters are just something else. Congratulations to you and your daughter!