Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

"Queen Anne's Lace" Watercolor Painting


This was a fun class. Jan taught us how to place medium size salt crystals on the moist painting to make Queen Anne's Lace. Only problem was, I seemed to drop crystals other places where I didn't want them! Another thing I learned was that you have to babysit the painting and when the salt sucks up the paint to the desired shapes and sizes, you have to dust off the salt crystals. I must have been yacking with the others during lunch hour and some of my flowers bloomed a little too much!
This is the last of the Jan Foss Watercolor Workshop pieces. You can visit her site at http://www.watercolorsbyjanfoss.com/ . Hopefully I am back home and have lots of plein air paintings from Hope Valley I can post!

No comments: