Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rock Flowers - pastel done "en plein house"!!!!!

A couple of days ago my husband and I drove up to the Truckee house for a few hours.  It was cold!!!!  Coming from Reno desert heat - wearing shorts and flip-flops!  And I had packed and stored all my clothes.  All I had to keep warm in the cold house was a bathrobe to wear over my clothes!!!!  How silly is that?  I brought my mini pastel kit, and sat by the window and looked outside.  The mule's ears are in bloom.  So this is a painting done en plein air - but in the house!

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

Wow! Carolyn! This temperature jump! I think you had a bathrobe as fur coat :-) So interesting story! I imagine!
And this beautiful flowers! Wow, I had never saw this flowers, they are looks like live in the stones.
I loves colors in your pastel and I feel this day! Yellow on the cold ground! :-))))