Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Visit to Joan's Garden

A couple of weeks ago I bought peonies from a lady selling them from her front gate.  I noticed how beautiful her garden was and said I'd love to paint her garden.  She gave me an open invitation to visit and paint.  So, today, I had a few hours in the morning (before it gets in the 90's) and I went by.  No one was at home, so I set up across the street and painted the little gate.  I left my card asking if I could come by next week.  Here is the little painting I did today - "The Rose Trellis Gate".  It is almost done.  I will touch it up later.

Also, here is the "High Sierra Meadow" after I touched it up. 


2 comments:

ti-igra said...

Carolyn! You had completed an excellent job! Salute! :-)))
You had wonderful pastel! Colors incredibly beautiful and real! This is the reality in comparison with a flat photo colors :-)

Very interesting story about your new pastel painting! This is great! Apparently the owner of the garden are very pleased by this fact that you paint her flowers and yard! And I see that you're passionate moving forward and I think that until you beging to continue roses more blossom! Waiting for sequel! Very happy with you! :-)))) Ti

Euphoria said...

I wish I could have a garden like that. Nice work, C!