Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Aqua Waters" pastel painting

9 x 19 pastel on paper

Today we went for a drive and had lunch on a beach.  We saw whales breach off in the distance.  The ocean was rougher today, and the Trade Winds were finally here to help blow the "vog" away (volcano produced fog/smog).  The waves were rolling in, and while hubby read his book, I painted this while sitting on the sand (to avoid the wind as much as possible).

I haven't had any training in seascapes and painting moving ocean waves, but I had fun trying.  The tropical colors of the ocean is irresistible.  I was so into it that I wasn't paying attention to the "it's time to go now" hints I was getting.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain.  I don't know what I'll do....

3 comments:

ti-igra said...

What a beautiful picture!!!
Looks like you was so inspired!
Wow! Carolyn, I love it so much!
And it is like an illustration, I can imagine it in the book with adventures, fantastic!!!!

LIZ said...

This is beautiful, Carolyn! The breaking waves look really good & the colors in the waer are super. Good job! More please!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thank you Liz and Ti! More is on the way...