Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Temple Fish" in progress...


Today was a day to relax.  An hour by the pool,  a little walk about, and a little time by the beach.  It was too breezy outside to paint, so I dabbled on this "fishscape", using my photo from yesterday at the Temple up on the computer.  Adobe Photoshop zoom helped me to see the fish eyes and details a little better.

I started with a watercolor underpainting, then began to add pastel.  No time to finish.  Had to put it away and pack for tomorrow.  We are going to Waimea Falls Park.  I wish I could paint faster!  So many subjects I would like to paint....

4 comments:

☆sapphire said...

Looking forward to the completion of the koi paiting! It is already very beautiful. I was very surprised to know that there is another Byodo-in temple in Hawaii. I suppose you saw the one in Uji.

Euphoria said...

Only one word: Perfection!
I admire all your "fishy paintings". I love them, I love the shapes, the colors, the way you paint the water effect... Have a great week, "pastel queen"!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thank you Kira and Sapphire! I love koi fish. I could sit and watch them for hours. I love their colors and patterns. The Byodo-In temple here in Hawaii was established in 1968 to commemorate the first Japanese immigrants to Hawaii.

ti-igra said...

They are so bright, colorfull! :)))))))) I love fishes and I love how you paint them! It is always very interesting composition, like a story.
You are master, Carolyn!!!!!!!!!! :))) Hurray!