Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Alpine Lake Scene

"Salmon Lake"
One day we went to a little lake to paint.  We were all told to bring our swimsuits if we wished.  So I did and I enjoyed the cool, refreshing waters since I wilt in the summer sun and heat.  Afterwards, I sat in the shade and used the back hatch of my Subaru as a desk and sat in my folding chair in my wet swimsuit and did this painting.  My plan was to do more bold "light" areas (the grassy areas cascading down the slope).  I think I succeeded, but compared to others, mine still looked pale and wimpy.  Another thing I've learned by watching Bill, is using the edge or the flat side of Terry Ludwig pastels to suggest light on the granite rocks.  He does it so well ---- maybe with practise....

2 comments:

Ida M. Glazier said...

This one really is lovly and turned out well. Your river rocks also did, and I didn't paint as well at all. I finally compeleted posting all the pictures I am going to post on my blog - - come and check it out. It was a nice week.

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Hi Ida, Thanks. I visited your blog and I enjoyed your posts about the workshop!