Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Some Mountains Need Editing!!!!!

"Sierra Buttes Meadow"
One morning, we drove down the road and went into a lush meadow with a terrific view of the Sierra Buttes.  I happily painted away (as did others) of these rock formations with snow in the crevaces.  Once I worked my way down to the trees and the meadow, I got so frustrated with my dumb looking meadow and willow bushes.  I was so absorbed with them, that when Bill came by I asked if he could help me with the meadow - my attempts weren't working well and I wanted to see what he would do.  Swipe, swipe, swipe and he was done.  Very simple, but so much more effective than my rendition.  Then, he mentioned that the mountain looked like a big hand with curling fingers like claws!  He was right!  The mountain really did look like that!  Just goes to show that nature doesn't always make a good subject to paint literally as it is!

No comments: