Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Temple Fish" pastel - finished

9 x 12 pastel on sanded paper

Well, how's this for a splash of color!  I finished this painting today. I do want to do more paintings of fish, and I'd like to improve and better the outcome, but I had fun nonetheless.

I entered Richeson 75 Landscape show, and my painting "Watching the Stream" was not a finalist (in which case you must ship your paintings to their gallery in the MidWest), but it did make the "meritorious" selection.  I am very happy.  This is the first time I entered one of their juried shows.  My painting will be printed in their catelogue, along with 100 other meritorious paintings.  I ordered the catelogue - they print a hardbound book.  I'm looking forward to receiving it.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

That's a fantastic coup - congratulations!

LIZ said...

Congratulations! It is so good to see someone getting deserved recognition.

ti-igra said...

Carolyn, my friend! CONGRATULATIONS! :)))) Woohooo! What a wonderful news!!!!

AND - your picture - is just WOW! I have no words to describe my feelings! Just Fantastic bright, realistic as photo, the water - something incredible! Very-very beautiful!

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thank you my friends!!! I appreciate your support, really!!!

Euphoria said...

Yeahhhh! Congrats! Show us the catalogue or send us the link when they finish it.