Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Almost Done - and my plans for this painting


I am very, very close to being done with this painting.  What I've been doing since the last post:
- finished the crinkle shadows in the petals
- finished softening the background flower using the wet first, then scrubber after it sinks in
- I used a little bit of deep crimson and dark green watercolor pencils in the base of the stamens, then softly brushed them with an almost dry brush
- I wet the background in sections and dropped in some of the same colors as well as the petals in shadow, to deepen them

The only thing I might adjust in the painting is to deepen the background in certain areas again.  When the paper dries, it can still be too light.

There is a Sierra Watercolor Society Show coming up the weekend of the Balloon Races in early September.  I'm going to enter it in their show, as well as enter it in the call to artists for the next consecutive book of "Splash".  What the heck - what do I have to lose by entering, right?

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

You have created such fantastic picture, Carolyn! I looked all posts and i'm impressed of your work and result! Just fabulous! Like real picture in nature!
Wish you have fun with your new paintings, enjoj last summer days and be happy-happy!
P.S. Hope all is good in Nevada, I saw in news at first fire then - storm... Take care, my dear friend!