Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Some exciting news

Some exciting things...

The International Association of Pastel Society's show in Brea, California has a slideshow of all the paintings (including mine) on their website.  Here is the link.  Scroll down to the slideshow.  I'm delighted they have this slideshow because it was too far for me to go to see it.  I was so impressed with the entire show.  What fantastic variations and effects and methods these paintings show how versatile pastel is!  It is a gorgeous show and I am so honored that my two pieces were in it with them!!!

Although my paintings did not win any awards (that is OK - the winning paintings were WELL DESERVED!), I did sell my painting "Desert Boulders" there!!!

Earlier this month my pastel painting "Feeding Time" sold too!




3 comments:

Ida M. Glazier said...

wonderful news!! I am so happy for you and you must be over the moon!! Great, and well deserved you work so hard and your work is really looking great.

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Thanks so much, Ida!

ti-igra said...

Hi, Carolyn!
A lot of great news on your blog! I'm so glad and happy for you! Hurray!
You are an amazing artist: you feel, work hard and also you are very kind person, so, all your pictures full of kindness and life!
Be yourself! Good luck!
And big hugs from me and Kitty!
*dance, dance, dance*