I am adding a little here and a little there.....
- I am adding some angular shadow shapes on the white petals to show the crinkly, paper-like structure
- I added deeper shadows to the right side of the yellow poofy stamen cluster
- I did a little negative painting to the leaves and stems at the left side
- Then I deepened the colors of the poppy and leaves on the left to make them in shadow
- I used a "scrubber" to soften the left edge of the shadow flower to see if it worked before I do the rest
Welcome to my art blog! This is where I share my explorations and learning experiences in pastel, watercolor and oil painting. I have had this blog for about six or more years. I am currently entering many national and regional juried art shows. I have a website and sell my work from there as well. I started a group called Reno Tahoe Plein Air Painters a year ago and it has grown to about 40 active painters! Each year brings new challenges and exciting opportunities. I have made many friends among other art bloggers and enjoy visiting their blogs. I hope you enjoy your visit here, and click on the links to my website and the plein air painters to see more!