Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Painting a Series of the Same Scene

As much as I desire to paint outside right now - en plein air - of the flowering rabbit bush and the trees turning yellow - I need to paint some winter snow scenes for the co-op's holiday show.  To get back in the swing of things, I took a small plein air pastel I did a couple of years ago, and I am painting it again now with the watercolor underpainting - in a small size. 


Here is the watercolor underpainting.

And here is the little plein air from 2 years ago - you can see I was literal then, and now I am going for more of an impressionistic look.

2 comments:

ti-igra said...

Amazing pastel!!! :-))))
Very soft and warm! As autumn grass, which has warmed from the sun.
I am impressed by your diligence once again and again, and again :-)))

I think that soon multicolored foliage will force us to draw in air.
And we will paint and inhale this wonderful fragrance of falling leaves!!!
Hurrey!

Euphoria said...

I like it when you do interesting and original touches of what inspires you. Sometimes when we copy we can´t get in touch with that part and it´s nice to feel that freedom. That´s when our work has that special something.
I must say I like what you are doing now!