Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Drifting Along" pastel

12 x 9 pastel on paper

I finished this today.  It was fun and challenging.  I know I still have a lot to learn about painting water.

I discovered a new way to take art classes!  Actually, I've known about it for a while, but I've only just signed up for a couple of streaming DVD pastel workshops.  It is really neat!  I highly recommend it if you have no workshops in your area, or you just want to learn by watching a demonstration by a successful artist.

Go to ArtistsNetwork.tv and view the available workshops on either DVD purchase or streaming purchase.  The streaming purchase is a fraction of the cost of the purchase of the DVD and you can see it on your computer for 6 months at any time of the day.

I signed up for "Painting Realistic Landscapes in Pastel:  Skies with Liz Haywood-Sullivan" and "Mixing Greens" from her also.

Now I see a "Painting a Stream"!!!  I'll have to get that one now!  Woo-hoo!  This is GREAT!

3 comments:

ti-igra said...

Woo-hoo!!!!!! :-D
Carolyn! it is real great! Your inspiration and emotions are with me too! :))) Thank you!

Oh god - I see the water, reflections on it and leaves ON the water surface!!! What a beauty! This interesting, unexpected viewpoint! :) colours, mood! All - so wonderful!
Just COOL!

:)))

Ron said...

Great bunch of landscapes! I will have to go check out Artistnetwork tv. Sounds good.

Carolyn Jean Thompson said...

Hi Ron!