Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Starting a fall scene...

After doing snow scenes before winter arrives, I have decided to do some fall scenes before it is over!    This is a scene from Hope Valley, of an aspen grove.  This is a watercolor underpainting on PastelBord.  When it is dry, I will do the pastel over it. 

We just got back from a short visit to Louisville, Kentucky.  We visited Churchill Downs Racetrack during the off-season and took tours there of the barns.  We also saw an exhibit about Secretariat. 

1 comment:

ti-igra said...

Excellent! Carolyn, I waiting your autumn landscape:)
And I wanted to ask more last time, what a thickness of paper you are use. I see that this paper does not curve on places where a lot of water:)
Thanks underpainting we see mood of color.

You had a wonderful trip, there so green grass! In Kentucky. I read about this state - very beautiful photos and there is very, very beautiful nature!
It's great that you can travel on this great country! Travel is very inspiring! :-)
Wish you have fun mood these days! Hurrey! :)